A reminder that the Escondido Christmas Bird Count will be held on Saturday, December 31.
We welcome birders of all skill levels.
Please note that Christmas bird counts are conducted very differently from typical field trips. Rather than one or two large groups covering a small area, we will have many (20+) smaller teams spread throughout a very large area (a circle 15 miles in diameter). If you plan to take part, I would encourage you to sign up soon as we are not likely to be able to place you with a team on a last-minute basis.
We are currently in need of 1-2 experienced birders for the following spots:
- Black Canyon (Ramona area)
- Dixon Lake (Escondido)
- Kit Carson Park (Escondido)
- Oak Hill Cemetery/Mountain View Park (Escondido)
- Paradise Mountain Road area (Valley Center)
- Ramona (north of the downtown area)
- Safari Park (San Pasqual Valley)
If you can help out, please list an alternative as some locations have limits on the number of birders that can be accomodated.