var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-42340100-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Palomar Audubon Society is a chapter of the National Audubon Society serving the north San Diego County, CA.
Our weekly field trips – to which you are sincerely invited – include outings to great locations in San Diego County. Farther ranging trips throughout the Southern California area are also on our excursion calendar as is an occasional out-of-the country adventure.
Our monthly meetings always involve interesting speakers while providing an opportunity to meet others with similar interests. Bird identification and awareness is a regular meeting feature.
As part of our Mission, we provide resources for education of our members and the larger community.
- Our informative newsletter, Band Tales, continues to receive accolades.
(Downloadable versions of the newsletter are on this website.)
- Creation of bird checklists for San Diego County.
- We maintain and provide informational displays at the kiosk in Kit Carson Park.
- We provide the Elfin Forest Visitor Center with mounted birds for the enjoyment and education of their visitors.
- Our members participate in the docent programs at Elfin Forest, Daley Ranch, and Torrey Pines State Park.
- We present programs to local adult groups, reaching out to Senior organizations and other community groups who want to learn more about local birds and how to accommodate their feeding and habitat needs.
- We participate with informational booths at appropriate events in the area.